With fall right around the corner, back to school routines are coming back into play. This recipe doubles as both a healthy eating option and a make ahead meal to fit into your busy fall schedule.
Empower your diet with a plant-based, on-the-go meal that's rich in energizing properties to fuel your body. Who doesn't love the flavour of blueberry muffins during the peak of summer!
For more recipes and information, go to http://poppyinnovations.ca/category/recipe-box/
Prep time: 5 minutes
- ¾ cup milk (can use unsweetened almond or coconut milk)
- ⅓-1/2 cup oatmeal
- 3-4 Tbsp blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 2 Tbsp chopped almonds or pecans
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- pinch cinnamon and nutmeg or chai spice mixture
- Combine all ingredients and store in a bowl, jar, cup, or airtight container fitted with a lid or plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.